Saturday, November 15, 2008

Laundry time

So, I made some laundry detergent last March. As of right now, I am still not out of it, but, it's very close to being so, this morning I made some more.

It's so easy. All you need is 1 bar of soap, 1/2 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda, about 4.5 gallons of water, and a very large container to put it in.

I used Colgate's Octagon All-purpose soap today (Caress the time before).
So, you shred the soap--and what a help the kitchen-aid attachments are! (the best thing I got from that ex-boyfriend!)
Second, you melt the soap in some water over the stove.

And third, stir the melted soap into the bucket of warm water with the borax and the washing soda and mix it up good. Then, let it cool. Stir every-so-often; as it cools it thickens a little.And there you have it, 9 months of laundry detergent.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i should say that this is 9 months for a single person...=) not so much anymore...

Quote of the Day