Sunday, July 13, 2008

turkeys and lace

Here are pictures relating to the last two posts. Froggy and Fishy are featured here, looking at the top of the quilt I am working on. I need to do two more of the component swaths to get it to be the size I want and then it needs sashing. This is a close-up of the pieces--I still think that Pamela's is a little more crazy--sorry Pamela, I do have big chunks to sew on part of them.
And, this is Red's fleece, spun at lace weight--it's a 2-ply. The pattern is from Victorian Lace Today, by Jane Sowerby, which proves to be an excellent collection of modern-day translations of Victorian Patterns. This pattern is the Holly Berries with fir cone lace border from Weldon's, 1895. It is so pretty, and it feels so nice. Red was one of my sheep in the 90s. She was showed in 4-H along side Nuthin' (her buck, named so, because he was found in a hole on the desert and he was all of nothing he was so small). I am sure that there are remnants of her descendants in the flock now. And, this is the newest happening at Broken Wing. The turkeys hatched in the incubator yesterday. Awful gangly things. Sorry to say, that they did not make it through this morning--we don't know why...but, we tried...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know, all those triangles...I think we might be tied, by the way...I still haven't done anything more to it. Maybe I'll work on it some this week.

Quote of the Day