Wednesday, November 5, 2008

rainbow on pointe bag

Yet another felted bag, out of the leftover boku yarn from the last basketweave bag. I can't decide if I like this one or the grey and white one better.


Of course, I still have to sew on the strap.
While I'm on the topic of this: (really I don't know what topic I'm on, I just like this) and I don't understand how so many people can look at what we as artists do and ask why we do it by hand, why not have a machine do it....
"Useful and ornamental needlework, knitting, and netting are capable of being made, not only sources of personal gratification, but of high moral benefit, and the means of developing in surpassing loveliness and grace, some of the highest and noblest feelings of the soul." ~Author unknown, from The Ladies' Work Table Book, 1845
Because, as of yet, a machine cannot feel grace.

No comments:

Quote of the Day