Thursday, July 10, 2008

red and white sawtooth / rick rack

It is finally back out of the shoebox it has been in for at least five years. This will be the end of my fifth year in Florida, so yes, five years. However, it still holds the same pull as it did before, especially now that it's coming together. I love this quilt. I love what it will be. And it just keeps getting better. The little sawtooth pieces were the hardest part, and those were already finished, waiting patiently in the box. Now they are out, and sitting, waiting for me to put them together with my Montgomery Wards Signature sewing machine. This machine was my great grandmother's "brand new sewing machine". I need to do 2 more swaths of the pattern, so that they cover the pillow part of the queen size bed. But those will be an easy project for tomorrow morning.

It seems as though I cannot figure out how to upload pictures from this computer. Being that I am not all that computer savvy, I will just upload with my phone, next time I go to town.
Wow, that sounds pretty country, and yes, it is, quite. No cell service here, and barely 26.4 Kbps. So, all you get is to hear about my quilt in progress.

And, I must make an addendum to the last post, seeing as how I'm typing: That quilt was the first project on the NEW Gammill. I have done many quilts on long-arm quilting machines. They were just all completed before I started this blog thing. I should really take pictures. Anyway, more to come, later. There's a bunny in progress and some really really really pretty lace with "berries" on it, made of handspun lace-weight, in Red. Well, really, it's natural white rambouillet, but it's Red's fleece it's made of. Red is long passed now, however, she was a good sheep, and a good mother.

No comments:

Quote of the Day