Monday, June 23, 2008

kimono roll

My knitting needle roll. It is made of the Kyoto Kimono pieces that Mom and I have been collecting the past year. The first three sections from the left are for circular knitting needles, and the four on the right are for dpns. I used a few of the decorative stitches from my Lily 550 and hand quilted the top (flap). And, yes, I know that it's not that even and straight, but, hell, it's pretty.
The hand quilting and detail of fabric & machine stitching.
The outside is pieced like a crazy log cabin--I just cut strips and created a log cabin effect.
The light purple is part of the kimono, as it came on the end of the piece. I thought it was cool, so I pieced it into the outside, and then created a chinese knot for the fastening.
And, here it is rolled up. We make something like this for my intro to theatre class, as it combines all techniques that we could possibly use in theatre sewing.

No comments:

Quote of the Day